Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Anniversary goodness!

Okay, so last night the missus and I celebrated two happy years of marriage. It was a great day, full of little wistful smiles as I remembered our wedding on the beach, our honeymoon in Jamaica, and all the little reminders that I am lucky beyond belief to be with this woman for the rest of my life. My mother-in-law found us an amazing restaurant in Minneapolis called The Cave Vin -- It's basically the same restaurant we ate at in Paris, a little hole-in-the-wall that serves fresh Frenchified food, different every day. The only difference is that it doesn't cost an arm and a leg to eat there. We had delicious, delicious frog legs (slightly fishy, slightly rabbit-y, very garlic 'n' buttery), king crab gnocchi, and a rack of lamb, and topped the whole thing off with a tiny, almost unbearably rich dessert called a "Pot de creme," basically super-concentrated dark chocolate pudding. Wonderbar. Jess surprised me with a beautiful card that brought tears to my eyes, and we basically acted like newlyweds the entire evening. We ended up going to see a movie afterward, the first time in our 6-year history that we've had a dinner-and-a-movie date. I'll review the movie in the next post, but just had to put in the date's details for future reference.

We ended the evening with a steamy (in more ways than one -- it was 90 degrees yesterday and humid) bedroom tryst, not that I'm going to provide many details. Just let it be known that my wife kicks ass, and the only way we can add more love to our household is by havin' a baby. By lucky coincidence, we're doing just that.

No comments: